As part of this study, last December I participated in a Cloud Computing Workshop organized in London by World Economic Forum with senior government representatives, industry experts and academics in Europe to capture perspectives on the development, adoption and deployment of Cloud Computing. This private workshop was the final in-person discussion prior to the launch of the recommendations of the study at the Forum's Annual Meeting in Davos in January 2011. This report is one of the inputs of the consultation process on a European Cloud Computing strategy initiated in Davos by Neelie Kroes some months ago.
The report highlights eight action areas that industry and governments need to address:
- Explore and Facilitate the Realization of the Benefits of Cloud
- Advance the Understanding and Management of Cloud-related Risks
- Promote Service Transparency
- Enhance Accountability across all Relevant Parties
- Ensure Data Portability
- Facilitate Interoperability
- Accelerate the Adaptation and Harmonization of Regulatory Frameworks Related to Cloud
- Provide Sufficient Network Connectivity to Cloud Services
I invite anyone who has an interest in Cloud Computing to read this report. It is worth reading.